Saturday, January 17, 2009

Caleb's First Gymnastics Class

I took Caleb to his first gymnastics class this morning. He is in a small group - only four boys - with a male coach. They did some warm ups, practiced forward and backward rolls, then took turns on the parallel bars, the high bars and practiced climbing this ladder thing on the wall. Chloe went with us and we were able to watch Caleb through the big window in the lobby while I found a nice mom to talk with.

After his class was over, I asked him how he liked it.

Caleb: I didn't like it.
Me: You didn't?
Caleb: No. I loved it!

A few minutes later, during our drive home, he said this:

Caleb: I don't love gymnastics.
Me: You don't?
Caleb: I love it more than love!

I spoke with his coach before we left and he said Caleb did a great job. He just needs to work on building up some muscles, so we are going to do some sit ups and push ups every day.

I'm glad his first gymnastics experience went well. Maybe next week, if I can sneak out without the girls, I'll bring my camera and post some pictures. Until then, rest assured. Gymnastics is Caleb's new favorite.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

I am so glad that he liked it...I mean "loved" it!!