Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Shopping.

I am one of those people who likes to have all of my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving. Really, I like to have as much of it done by Halloween as I can. Early in the summer I mention to Rob to please start thinking about what he'd like to give everyone for Christmas. Then I mention it again around the Fourth of July. And sometime in mid-August. And in September. That way he's not surprised when I bring it up again in October. Twice. And weekly in November until he gives me some ideas for his family (although I'm usually done shopping by this point). I like to mention it slightly more often than weekly (like every couple of days) for the first couple of weeks in December so Rob's not unprepared when Christmas finally gets here.

Anyway, since we spent the year planning to move I didn't do my Christmas shopping throughout the year like I typically do. Then with our quick move before Thanksgiving and Rob spending most of that time out of town finishing up work back down South, I haven't had a chance to do any shopping. I wouldn't mind taking Chloe with me, but Camille is just too old to be oblivious anymore. Yesterday we were in the grocery store and I threw a few toothbrushes in the bottom of the cart (the very bottom, under the basket where she wouldn't see) for the kids' stockings. We're not even halfway through shopping before Camille starts questioning me why there are toothbrushes in the cart and which one she gets to have.

I did as much of my shopping online in the last couple of weeks, but there are some things you just have to go to a store and get.

My cousin Kelly came over today and watched the girls for me so I could go shopping. It was awesome! I had a solid five and a half hours to myself where I was able to bop into stores without the hassle of unbuckling car seats and where I was able to look through every aisle without kids shouting at me to stop and look at this or that. It was totally relaxing, really fun and - the best part is - I was able to do nearly all of my shopping! There are just a few small things left to get that I'll have to go out and get this next week.

The girls had a super time with Kelly. She brought all the stuff with her to bake and decorate gingerbread cookies, they watched a movie, colored and played. Camille is already asking when she can come back again! Thanks Kelly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Five and a half hours! Plus so much of it was actually spent accomplishing what you went out for rather than getting kids in and out of the car. CONGRATS! Does Kelly commute to NC for baby-sitting?