Thursday, October 30, 2008

Too Cold to Swim?

This morning I found Camille putting on her swimsuit. Apparently Chloe had pulled hers out of her dresser (she likes to pull everything out of her dresser!) and Camille took that for a sign that Chloe wanted to swim. Camille spent five minutes trying to explain why swimming was a good idea, despite how many times and in how many different ways I told her that it was too cold. I had her stand on the deck for a few minutes in her suit, hoping she'd get cold enough and come in. No luck.

I went to grab Chloe's shoes so we could go outside with Camille and when I looked out a minute later Camille was filling up the little wading pool! Needless to say, I drained the pool and had a very sad little girl on my hands.

She just did not understand that 50 degrees is too cold for swimming. Sorry babe. I think we're done swimming until summer rolls around again!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Maybe she will grow up to be one of those polar swimmers. The ones who take a dip in the ocean in the middle of winter.