Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Caleb Describes His New Teacher

So this morning during breakfast I mentioned to Caleb that on Thursday night we get to go to school and meet his new first grade teacher. The school district doesn't announce class assignments until Open House so we don't know yet who his teacher will be. You can imagine my surprise, then, when Caleb announced, "I know who my teacher is going to be."

Me: You do? Who is your teacher going to be?
C: Well, I don't know her name, but I know what she looks like.
M: What does she look like?
C: Well, she has hair that's bl...well...actually, I don't know what color her hair is. But her skin is white. And she has black shoes.

That completely narrows it down. I mean, really, how many white-skinned teachers who wear black shoes can there be?

Just two more days and we'll find out if he's right!

No comments: