Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sick Baby

So our baby is sick. She came down with some kind of stomach bug on Monday night and has been throwing up since then. She won't eat. She only wants to nurse, but each time she does she just throws the milk back up a little while later. A friend of ours brought over some gatorade, but she won't touch the stuff. I made her some homemade pedialyte following some directions I found on the web and she won't go near that either. I've offered it to her in a bottle, in a sippy cup, in a regular cup, in a cup with a straw, in my cup, even squirting it in her mouth with a medicine syringe. I'm waiting on a call back from the doctor. I hope it's just a bug that she'll get over soon, but I have clothes to fold. I have done about seven loads of laundry in the past two days - several sets of baby bedding, a ton of towels, eight or nine of my shirts (she likes to throw up when I'm holding her so it ends up all on me instead of her), a few pairs of my pants, a couple of her outfits, a set of my sheets...

Any suggestions on how to get her to drink something she might be able to keep down? She won't eat anything either.

2 comments:

Tieky Torch said...

Hey Amanda, if there is anything I can do for you, pick up some groceries, run any errands, etc let me know. My cell phone is 919-830-8236. Hope you hear back from the doctor soon.

Sharlynn Sanders said...

I don't know if she is any better or not, but try freezing the pedialyte w/a little juice in a popsicle and offer it to her that way.
Madilynn loves little popsicles that I make out of diluted juice and water. Now that she is trying to cut teeth it seems to help.
Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Sharlynn