Sunday, March 23, 2008

On the Road

So yesterday we decided to take a trip about town. Rob and I walked and the big kids rode their bikes. Chloe hitched a ride on Rob's back, much to Camille's dismay. Camille only rode her bike since Rob wouldn't carry her on his shoulders. I brought the camera along to document the trip. Here are the highlights of our trip through our great little town.

So here is Chloe ready to go

Camille decked out in her riding gear

Caleb is ready to go

On the road

A really pretty house in town that we admire every time we go by. These folks won the town yard of the season award last summer.

Here we have the Ugly Tree. Each time we pass, Rob wonders why they don't just cut it down.

The daffodils are in bloom

The pretty town gazebo

A huge nest of fire ants

The old theater that is now home to the community players. I think this is a fantastic looking building.

My favorite sign in town. I don't know if you can read it but the paper taped to the door reads: THE ABSENCE OF PROFANITY WILL OFFEND NO ONE.

We really do have Piggly Wiggly.

They really do sell chicken feet.

Here's Chloe chewing on her finger outside the Piggly Wiggly.

This is my favorite house in town.

My other favorite house

They just put in this gorgeous new fountain.

On the way home Caleb picked me a beautiful bouquet of clover. Isn't he sweet!

1 comment:

nelsonjeneen said...

Cool! I love the old houses. When are you guys coming up to Raleigh next? We would like to get together before we move.
Jill