Saturday, May 23, 2009

Information

This morning Rob was out and about and happened to stop by some yard sales and pick up some treasures for the kids. Among the treasures was an Easy Bake Oven. After Rob brought it out for them, he stood outside talking to the neighbors while the kids rushed up to Caleb's room to inspect the goods. I was working on a birthday cake in the kitchen and didn't realize what was going on until Camille came down asking for my phone.

C: I am just going to use your phone for a minute, okay Mommy?
M: Why do you need my phone Camille?
C: I have to call somebody.
M: Who do you need to call?
C: There's a number on the box that says if you have questions call.

Apparently my children couldn't figure out how to open the oven to put the cake inside (not that they had cake ready to bake...they were just scoping things out) so they were going to call the company to ask. Fortunately I ran interception and got them to bring the oven back downstairs (they had to make a second trip upstairs for the manuals). I explained that you don't open the Easy Bake oven, you just stick the baking pan in the hole in the side with the purple handle that they were using for sword fighting. (They didn't believe me, however, until their dad came in and told them the exact same thing. Apparently Daddy knows much more than Mommy does about toy cookery.)

We mixed up some cake batter, stuck it in the oven and twelve minutes later had the smallest cake known to man. We divided it up (almost) evenly between my three children and the two little neighbor kids (so everyone pretty much got one small bite). Delicious!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Your kids are hilarious! If I ever want a good laugh, I just check your blog.:) I love all the stories. The operator one was really cute too.