Monday, August 3, 2009

Just Like Mom??

Chloe, for the little tomboy that she seems to be, is pretty crazy about makeup. If she happens to be in the room when I'm putting makeup on, she begs and pleads to have some too. I usually give in and (pretend) give her some too. This morning she was using some pretty advanced two-year old logic to try to convince me to let her use my eyelash curler.

C: What dat?
M: This? It's called an eyelash curler.
C: Me. Eyeash cuwler?
M: No, sorry. It's just for mommies.
C: Me, mommy.
M: Are you a mommy?
C: Yeah, me mommy. Mommy baby. Eyeash cuwler pease?

I made the mistake this afternoon of leaving both my makeup bag out on the counter and my bedroom door unlatched. The kids were playing upstairs while I was industriously cleaning the house (mmmm hmmmm). After a while I realized I hadn't heard Chloe for a few minutes, so I went up to take a peek. It took me a minute to find her - I think she was thinking invisible, making it tough to see her. When I did find her, though, this is what I saw.


You can't see it all here, but she helped herself to face powder, some moisturizer and lipstick. While I'm grateful she did not manage to open my new eye shadow, I am now in the market for a new tube of lipstick.

Needless to say, she was very proud of herself.

No comments: