Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rock Star, Roll Star, Baby

This morning Camille and I enjoyed some time by ourselves. Caleb was at school and Rob took Chloe with him to run errands. When I put her hair in a ponytail, she told me she wanted a high ponytail so she could be a rock star. Since she thought she looked like a rock star, she needed to act like one too. She grabbed this toy guitar we have kicking around (the guitar, plus the battery-powered amp and a microphone, came from a yard sale a few weeks ago for $4) and started acting like one. She likes to make up her own songs. This one went something like this:

I'm a rock star, I'm a roll star, baby. Can't take me away. I'm a rock star, I'm a roll star, baby. Can't take me away. I gave her a brief lesson on components of a good song - you need both the chorus and several verses to really make the song work. We spent some additional time writing some lyrics to the song. It's really quite a lovely one.

Without further ado, here is our rock star, roll star, baby!






She was so cute that I had her call my sister and sing to her. Auntie Su told her that she was so good that she should go to NYC and sing with her band. Camille told her that she needed to practice first so she'd be ready!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving her rock star style!

Kathi said...

Didn't know she was a left hand guitar player!! Well, it is in the blood!!!

Em said...

That is awesome!!

Kathi said...

YOU NEED TO UPDATE THIS BLOG...I know there are new pictures!!!and more adventures!